We’re always glad when people are interested in escorting. Because of today’s political/social climate, the increased incidents of violence and disruption from protesters around the country and the increased number of protesters at EMW, we screen all potential escorts. We are not doing that screening currently because we’re asking new escorts to wait until the next training we offer before they get started. That training has not been scheduled yet.
If you like, we can keep your contact information and let you know when the training date is set, and get started with the screening then. Just let us know.
Please send a request to email@example.com if you would like to try escorting or if you have additional questions.
One way to get involved in the Reproductive and Sexual Justice community here in Louisville is to escort at the clinic. We are there every morning Tuesday through Saturday. Before you come, we will ask you to read the Points of Unity, and agree to follow them. We ask new escorts to attend the next training available, though we do not require classroom training prior to getting involved.
We emphasize that if you are considering becoming an escort, please be sure to start by reading our Points of Unity. Escorting isn’t for everybody, and some people who are really interested in making a difference discover that being on the sidewalk is not the best fit for them. It’s hard to know until you’re there. Some of our most effective escorts are people who were concerned that they wouldn’t be “good at it.” Others discover that they do better taking other kinds of action. In that case there are a number of other organizations that support the right to Access:
Other organizations supporting the right to Choose include:
- Kentucky Health Justice Network Kentucky Support Network (KSN) is the direct service program of the Kentucky Health Justice Network that works to connect individuals and families in Kentucky to reproductive health care information and services.
- A Fund – Part of the National Network of Abortion Funds http://www.fundabortionnow.org/funds/AFund-Inc Mail donations by check to: P.O. Box 5516 Louisville KY 40255-0516. Online donations: http://www1.networkforgood.org. Search for: A Fund Inc., Louisville, KY, Area of Interest is Human Services
- Louisville Clinic Escorts – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on donations. Benefits escorts by providing supplies and legal defense fund.
- KRCRC – Kentucky Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice http://www.krcrc.org Mail Donations by check to: PO Box 4065, Louisville, KY 40204-0065 Online donations: Follow the link to Network for Good on the KRCRC website.
- ACLU Reproductive Freedom Project