One way to get involved in the Reproductive and Sexual Justice community here in Louisville is to come down and escort any morning Tuesday through Saturday . Before you come, we ask you to read the Points of Unity, and agree to follow them. We will ask you to initial a copy of them when you arrive at the clinic for the first time. We meet in front of EMW Women’s Surgical Center 138 W. Market on Saturday at 6:50am and are usually finished by 8:30am or 9:00am. Tuesday through Friday we meet at 7:00am and are usually finished by 8:30am. Introduce yourself to someone wearing an orange Clinic Escort vest and let them know it is your first time at the clinic. We will give you a vest and ask you to observe the first time or two at the clinic. If you are interested in escorting after that, we will ask that you shadow a few experienced escorts before acting on your own. We ask that new escorts attend the next training available, though we do not require classroom training prior to getting involved.
We emphasize that if you are considering becoming an escort, please be sure to start by reading our Points of Unity. Escorting isn’t for everybody, and some people who are really interested in making a difference discover that being on the sidewalk is not the best fit for them. It’s hard to know until you’re there. Some of our most effective escorts are people who were concerned that they wouldn’t be “good at it.” Others discover that they do better taking other kinds of action. In that case there are a number of other organizations that support the right to Access:
Please leave a comment here if you have questions. You can also email us: email@example.com
Other organizations supporting the right to Choose include:
- Kentucky Health Justice Network Kentucky Support Network (KSN) is the direct service program of the Kentucky Health Justice Network that works to connect individuals and families in Kentucky to reproductive health care information and services.
- A Fund – Part of the National Network of Abortion Funds http://www.fundabortionnow.org/funds/AFund-Inc Mail donations by check to: P.O. Box 5516 Louisville KY 40255-0516. Online donations: http://www1.networkforgood.org. Search for: A Fund Inc., Louisville, KY, Area of Interest is Human Services
- Louisville Clinic Escorts – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Benefits escorts by providing supplies and legal defense fund.
- KRCRC – Kentucky Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice http://www.krcrc.org Mail Donations by check to: PO Box 4065, Louisville, KY 40204-0065 Online donations: Follow the link to Network for Good on the KRCRC website.
- ACLU Reproductive Freedom Project